K-Zone is the biggest and most popular kids' magazine in the Philippines published by Summit Media. It caters to kids and young adults ages 8 to 16. They are called the K-Zoners who love bright, colorful and entertaining reads.
KZ as it's commonly abbreviated, was first released in October 2002. It has Australian, New Zealand and Malaysian versions but the content of Philippine Edition is almost the same though it's more on gaming, anime, international and local celebrities.
Almost every page is loaded with kids' stuff like newest cartoons, movies, latest gadgets, crafts, video games, wrestling, puzzles, comics, jokes and a lot of exciting but friendly and knowledgeable articles. K-Zoners love it because it kills their boredom, it makes them laugh and stimulates their sense of being young and free.
Let's GO inside the K-Zone world:
- Your Zone – Where the readers can send drawings, tweets, text message, and also online messages.Ultimate Showdown – Where readers or staff play a game or a challenge.
- Calendar – Where events, and birthday of celebrities and also the readers.
- KNN – A page of information relating places, events and other stuff.
- The Heat List – A top ten hits after or before the monthly issue.
- Tune in – contains episodes of cartoons, new release of cd albums, new release DVDs and new release book.
My son, Kurt and my niece Dave got this unexpected opportunity to be included in the Kid On The Street page of KZ, October 2012 issue in which K-Zone happens to celebrate its 10th year.