Thanks to The Generics Pharmacy which is presently penetrating the Philippine market today. We are so aware of generic drugs but we are still patrons of branded products until we come to the realization that we can actually get high quality yet affordable drugs in the market. And this type of drugstore has never been well-known. A Filipino entrepreneur started to see the viability of pharmaceutical products to gain popularity specifically, operating generic retail pharmacy.
What is a generic medicine?
It is identical or bioequivalent to a brand name drug in dosage form, safety, strength, route of administration, quality, performance characteristics and intended use. Although it's produced and distributed without patent protection, it should be manufactured under the same strict standards.
Difference between generic and branded:
- Generics are not protected by patents unlike the branded ones
- Generics are cheaper because the manufacturers have not had the expenses of developing, marketing and promoting the drugs
- Generic drugs are manufactured in poorer-quality facilities
- Inferior in quality compared to brand-name drugs
- Generic drugs take longer to work